The American Bar Association Real Property Probate and Trust Section Employee Benefits Committee invites you to catch up on a briefing on newly proposed rules and other guidance on the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (‘MHPAEA”) by participating in its free monthly membership call on Friday, August 18, 2023 at Noon Central Time conducted by SLP author and publisher employee benefits attorney Cynthia Marcotte Stamer, along with fellow employee benefit attorneys Jacquelyn Meng Abbott and Allison Moody.
With their 2023 Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act’s Comparative Analysis Report to Congress (“Report”) and an accompanying Enforcement Fact Sheet (“Fact Sheet”) confirming their continued prioritization of MHPAEA, the Department of Labor Employee Benefit Security Administration (“EBSA”), the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (“CMS”) and the Department of Treasury (collectively the “Tri-Agencies) also signaled plans to further tighten MHPAEA’s requirements by releasing a joint Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (“Proposed Rule”) and a Technical Release (“Technical Release”) seeking input on MHPAEA. During the meeting, employee benefit attorneys Committee Co-Chair, Cynthia Marcotte Stamer, and Committee Vice Chairs Jacquelyn Meng Abbott, and Allison Moody will lead a discussion of the new guidance package including:
- The Report, Fact Sheet and selected MHPAEA litigation enforcement developments
- The recently Proposed Regulations and Technical Release;
- Other MHPAEA compliance developments and tips; and
- Possible areas of concern on which the RPTE Employee Benefits Committee or others might want to submit in response to the Tri-Agencies.
Interested persons can use the following information to join the Zoom Meeting here using Meeting ID: 963 6704 4137 and Passcode: 509661 or Dial in by telephone using either of the following numbers: Telephone Dial In: 888 475 4499 US Toll-free; 877 853 5257 US Toll-free.For more information about the American Bar Association RPTE Section and its Employee Benefits Committee, see here.
For More Information
We hope this update is helpful. Solutions Law Press, Inc. invites you to receive future updates by registering on our Solutions Law Press, Inc. Website and participating and contributing to the discussions in our Solutions Law Press, Inc. LinkedIn Health Care Risk Management & Operations Group, HR & Benefits Update Compliance Group, and/or Coalition for Responsible Health Care Policy Group.If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information including your preferred e-mail by creating your profile here.
About Solutions Law Press, Inc.™
Solutions Law Press, Inc.™ provides human resources and employee benefit and other business risk management, legal compliance, management effectiveness and other coaching, tools and other resources, training and education on leadership, governance, human resources, employee benefits, data security and privacy, insurance, health care and other key compliance, risk management, internal controls and operational concerns. If you find this of interest, you also be interested reviewing some of our other Solutions Law Press, Inc.™ resources available here such as:
- Education Association Union Sued For Race Discrimination
- Biden-Harris Administration Ending COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements For Federal Employees, Contractors, International Travelers, Head Start Educators & CMS-Certified Facilities
- Autism Health Plan Exclusions and Limitations May Trigger Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act Liabilities
- Revise Health Plan HIPAA Records Access Rules & Procedures To Use Newly Flexibility On Charging, Responding To Third Party PHI Requests
- 2019 OCR Enforcement Shows Getting Defensibly HIPAA Compliant Necessary In 2020!
- DOJ Omnicare/CVS Suit Highlights Potential Pharmacy Benefit Claims Abuse Exposure For Health Plans, Member Safety Risk
- $1.6M HIPAA Penalty Largely Caused By Inadequate Security Assessments & Oversight
- 10 Former NFL Payers Charged With Defrauding NFL Retiree Health Fund
- NLRB Order Directs Settlement Of McDonald’s Unfair Labor Practice Complaints Including Joint Employer Liability Charges Against McDonald’s USA
- 2018 US National Health Expenditures Grew Again
- ONC Patient Matching for Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Slides Available
If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information including your preferred e-mail by creating your profile here.