Influenza (commonly referred to as the “flu”) continues to threaten many American families.
Highly contagious, the flu can be serious or even deadly. However, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is urging Americans to get a flu shot and practice good hygiene to reduce their risk.
Employers can help by arranging for sick leave, allowing sick workers to stay home, and urging workers to get flu shots and practice healthy hygiene.
For more tips and resources from the CDC, see here.
About Solutions Law Press, Inc.™
Solutions Law Press, Inc.™ provides human resources and employee benefit and other business risk management, legal compliance, management effectiveness and other coaching, tools and other resources, training and education on leadership, governance, human resources, employee benefits, data security and privacy, insurance, health care and other key compliance, risk management, internal controls and operational concerns. If you find this of interest, you also be interested reviewing some of our other Solutions Law Press, Inc.™ resources here including:
- Review Your Provider Performance Data
- Bill Allowing FDA Emergency Use Authorizations To Protect Military From Biological Warfare Threats Sent to President
- OIG Tells Texas Stop Paying Medicaid MCOs For Dead Patients
- Michigan Doctor Pleads Guilty To Billing Medicare For Illegally Prescribed Drugs
- Anesthesiology Practice Nailed For Improperly Billing For Moderate Sedation
- Florida Doctor Sentenced For Multi-Million Dollar Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Health Care Fraud, Money Laundering & Forced Prostitution Scheme
- CMS Announces New Medicare Provider Ombudsman
- CMS Publishes 2018 Updates To Home Health Prospective Payment Rates & Rules
- CMS Publishes 2018 Physician Fee Schedule Rule
- Check Your Medicare/Medicaid Compliance Against Against Quarterly Guidance Changes List
- CDC Proposed Changes To NIOSH Occupational Health Biological Monitoring Methods for Chemical Exposures
- HHS Picks Hargan As Acting HHS Secretary
- OCR Gives Health Care Providers, Other Covered Entities Post-Las Vegas Shooting HIPAA Medical Privacy Guidance On Disclosures To Family, Media & Others For Notification & Other Purposes
- Novo Nordisk Pays $58M+ For Not Giving FDA-Required Warnings ABout Victoza Cancer Risks
- Christus Pays $12.24M Settlement Resolves False Claims Act Charges From “Donations” To New Mexico
- Oklahoma Nursing Home Settles HHS HIV Discrimination Charges
- HHS Issues Hurricane Irma Relief For Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands & Florida
- HHS Medical Clinic to Provide Healthcare to Hurricane Harvey Victims at Houston Convention Center Starting Wednesday
- CMS Proposes Cutbacks To Medicare Bundled Payment Program
- CMS Releases 2017 Provider Payment Program Hardship Exception Application
- RAISE Act Immigration Visa, Visa Holder Public Benefit Limits Create Potential Health Industry Concern
- CardioNet $2.5M HIPAA Resolution Agreement Schools HIPAA Entities To Clean Up Their Acts
- Medical Clinic HIPAA Resolution Agreement Shows Need For Current Business Associate Agreements
If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information including your preferred e-mail by creating your profile here.
NOTICE: These statements and materials are for general informational and purposes only. They do not establish an attorney-client relationship, are not legal advice or an offer or commitment to provide legal advice, and do not serve as a substitute for legal advice. Readers are urged to engage competent legal counsel for consultation and representation in light of the specific facts and circumstances presented in their unique circumstance at any particular time. No comment or statement in this publication is to be construed as legal advice or an admission. The author reserves the right to qualify or retract any of these statements at any time. Likewise, the content is not tailored to any particular situation and does not necessarily address all relevant issues. Because the law is rapidly evolving and rapidly evolving rules makes it highly likely that subsequent developments could impact the currency and completeness of this discussion. The presenter and the program sponsor disclaim, and have no responsibility to provide any update or otherwise notify any participant of any such change, limitation, or other condition that might affect the suitability of reliance upon these materials or information otherwise conveyed in connection with this program. Readers may not rely upon, are solely responsible for, and assume the risk and all liabilities resulting from their use of this publication.
Circular 230 Compliance. The following disclaimer is included to ensure that we comply with U.S. Treasury Department Regulations. Any statements contained herein are not intended or written by the writer to be used, and nothing contained herein can be used by you or any other person, for the purpose of (1) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under federal tax law, or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related transaction or matter addressed herein.
©2018 Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. Non-exclusive right to republish granted to Solutions Law Press, Inc.™ For information about republication, please contact the author directly. All other rights reserved.